BloodSTOP® is a biocompatible, non-irritating, a new generation patented hemostatic matrix made from water soluble, etherified carboxymethyl cellulose. Its composition provides certain advantages for natural rapid hemostasis as well as patient comfort and improved wound management when compared with traditional adhesive bandages, sprays, chemical powder, or animal-based products. BloodSTOP is approved for patients taking anticoagulant medications that recognize the European Union CE certification and has FDA market clearance in the US for surface wound hemostasis only.
Features and Benefits
- Acts fast
- Upon contact with blood, turns into a gel to seal and protect the wound
- Conforms to all wound surfaces
- 100% natural component
- Active bleeding control over traditional gauzes
- Painless upon application and removal
- Water soluble for easy removal without disruption to wound surface
- Adheres to the wound without the discomfort of adhesives
- Stays in wound while excess material and contaminants are easily washed off
- Easy to cut, pack or layer to fit any wound
- Biodegradable and biocompatible
- Cost effective
* For use by medical professionals.