Excision and debridement is one of the mainstays in burn surgery. BloodSTOP iX has been clinically proven to aid in hemostasis and wound healing. It facilitates successful surgical outcomes in hemorrhage control in major debridements for skin graft after burns and in skin-graft harvesting.
We offer a line of products for the treatment of burns by hospital and medical professionals, including our advanced hemostatic and wound healing matrix, recently recognized by the ABA.
Why use BloodSTOP iX for burn treatment?
BloodSTOP iX Testimonial on Burn Surgery from Stathis Poulakidas, MD, FACS, OSF Healthcare and Cook County Health.
- Decreases blood loss and operative time
- Facilitates more aggressive operation due to control of hemorrhage
- Minimizes ligation and cauterization
- Improves healing rates
- Keeps moist field and does not interfere with graft uptake
- Conforms to any wound
- Maintains skin integrity throughout the burn recovery phase
- Can be used with Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
BloodSTOP iX in Burn Surgery
Postharvesting from autograft donor site
Postdebridement of necrotic tissue site
Permanent skin graft or allograft site
Flap reconstructive surgery
Split-thickness skin grafting
Modulation of Growth Factors in Promotion of Tissue Regeneration in Burn Injury Model
Fast and Cost-Effective Results in Burn Surgery
- Total body surface area.
- Usually consists of: petroleum dressing for donor site healing; epi-soaked collagen and silica-based compression dressing, suture ligation, and electrocautery for hemostasis of burn; dermal substitutes, silver products, and antimicrobials for healing of burn.