BloodSTOP® iX Absorbable Hemostat and WoundHEAL® – Outside US
When applied on a surgical wound, BloodSTOP® iX quickly absorbs blood and exudates, transforms into a gel to seal the wound with a protective transparent layer, acts fast to control bleeding, and creates an environment for wound healing. The clear gel facilitates monitoring of hemostasis.
BloodSTOP® iX Absorbable Hemostat and WoundHEAL® is used for surgical procedures to quickly control capillary, venous, and small arterial hemorrhage. It can be used in neurosurgery, cardiovascular surgery, general surgery, thoracic surgery, gynecologic surgery, urologic surgery, and burn & trauma surgery.
- Class III CE Mark approval for implant surgical use
- Hemostasis for patients with anti-coagulant medication therapy
- 100% natural, plant-based absorbable matrix without any residue
BloodSTOP® iX Used in Cardiac Surgery
BloodSTOP® iX Used in Thoracic Surgery
- Controls bleeding fast
- At the wound interface, upon contact with blood, exudate, or other liquid, BloodSTOP® iX matrix quickly turns into a gel and seals the wound
- The gel forms a barrier to seal and protect the wound, and quickly activates the intrinsic coagulation pathway, thus accelerating clot formation
- Minimizes blood loss and provides an ideal environment to promote fast wound healing and tissue growth
Features & Benefits
- Translucent gel – easy to monitor
- No animal, foreign human, or added-chemical components
- Easy to cut and apply, conforms to any wound
- pH neutral
- 100% natural, biocompatible, non-irritating
- Very cost effective
Technique Tip for Surgeons
Apply BloodSTOP® iX on wounds with dry instruments! The hydrophilic properties of BloodSTOP® iX will cause it to adhere to wet instruments or wet gloves, making application difficult.
Video of BloodSTOP® iX in Surgery
Examples of Surgical Applications